Monday, April 6, 2009

Sean's E-Mail.....Mar. 31, 2009




Hey Everyone,


Well another week come and gone. The weeks just seem to fly by so fast. We are working really hard and trying to find as many people as we can for our baptism this coming month. I am really excited about the baptism, it is going to be really cool. I can really see how the Lord prepares the way for His children to receive the gospel. I have also learned a lot about how my own faith and obedience is helping a lot of people receive the gospel through me. We have put a goal for 10 baptisms this month and the Lord really is preparing the way and putting people into our paths to complete that goal. We received 11 references this last week from the ward members. It is now up to us to teach these people that the Lord has put in our paths and help them come unto Christ.


My new companion's name is Elder Esparza, he is from Acapulco, Mexico. We did meet with the mission president this last Monday while we were in Merida, we took the bus to get there. We left Cancun at 6 in the morning on a 4 hour trip by bus to Merida, we were there until like 7pm and then we got back on the bus and came home. We were in the bus for a really long time. It was good though, I got to know my companion a little bit better. He has only been a member of the church for 2 years. He is really excited to be here and to teach the people.


I learned a lot about the power of prayer this week. How it is that, when we pray, we need to really talk to God and not just say the same things over and over again. I was reading a lot about how to recognize the spirit through prayer and how to receive answers.


I hope that everything is going good for everyone there. Sorry that this letter is short, I will send a few pictures. I love you all and thank you so much for the letters and the support. You are always in my prayers and thoughts. Remember that the work will never stop, we are always missionaries. This whole life is about missionary work. The whole church is centered on missionary work. Don't ever stop doing the work.

Love,

Elder Sean Wood


No comments: