Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sean's E-mail.....April 13, 2009




Hey Everyone,


Well another week come and gone. The weeks really just seem to fly by. I can't believe that I will be talking to you all in just a few weeks. I am glad to hear that all is going well and that you all had a good Easter weekend.


Yesterday we had our big baptismal program, it was really cool. Elder Mickelson, the area authority of Mexico, came and talked to us. He talked during the baptismal service and then talked to all the missionaries after the service. It was really good. We had two people that got baptized from our area. We were hoping to have 5 but 3 of them changed the day to this week. This coming week we are hoping to have 6 baptisms. We are excited about that. We have our work cut out for us this week. The time goes by fast when we are busy all day.


Our Mission President challenged us this week to start reading the Book of Mormon again and read it as a mission. I am excited to start over and find some new things this time that I read it. I have such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. I am blown away when some people have the Book of Mormon in their hands and they don't realize how much worth it has. I have realized that a lot of members of the church are the same way. They think that they don't have to read the Book of Mormon because they have read it once or twice. We will always find something new in the Book of Mormon when we read it because our lives are constantly changing and we find new things that apply to our lives in this moment. We are SO SO blessed to have to Book of Mormon as a part of our lives. So why do we not read it like we should? I challenge you all, no matter what your situation is right now, to pick up the Book of Mormon and read the most valuable thing that we have in this life. The Book of Mormon is powerful and it can change lives. It has changed my life 100%. I used to take it for granted. Here in the mission I have realized the real power it can have in our lives. It's simple, read it and watch how your life will change.


We were teaching a lesson this week to one of our investigators and we challenged him to get baptized this week. He told us that he didn't think he was ready. He told us that he needed more time to change some bad habits that he has. I got the feeling that I should read Ether 12:27 with him. We read it and he just sat back and said ¨wow you're right, I will get baptized this week.¨ I felt the spirit so strong at this moment and was so grateful that the Lord could use me to help our investigator progress.


I love you all and I know with all my heard that the Book of Mormon is true. It has the gospel in the fullness. I hope you all have a great week, and if you are not reading the Book of Mormon like you should be, I challenge you to start.


Love,

Sean


No comments: