Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sean's E-mail....April 20, 2009






Hey Everyone,


Wow I can't believe that this week is already over.


This week was really busy for us. We had a baptism this Thursday and also one on Saturday. The family that got baptized on Thursday is a married couple and the sister of the lady that got baptized. They are really awesome. The husband got ordained as a Priest this Sunday and as I was leaving the church, I saw them in one of the classrooms paying their tithing. It was really special for me to see how strong they are. The baptism that we had on Saturday was the daughter of a part member family. It was a good baptism. I got the opportunity to baptize her and also the husband of the family that got baptized.


We have been really blessed with a lot of people to teach and baptize. We are now focusing more in looking for new investigators. We found a few this week that we can work with. We are hoping to have 2 more baptisms with the group of people that we are teaching right now, one this coming week and another the week after that.

Things are going really good with my companion. He is a little different but he is cool. We get along good. The weather here is still hot, as usual. It is always hot here. I have gotten used to it.


I don't really feel like I am training, I mean I don't really feel like it's much different from having a normal companion. He is learning as he goes and is learning really well. Well, in two weeks we have transfers. The Zone Leader was talking to me the other day and told me that if not in this transfer, then the next transfer, I will be made a District Leader. I was pretty surprised to hear that. I hope that if I do get called to be a District Leader that I will be able to fulfill the calling.


Thanks so much for all of the pictures and for writing me this week. I can really see the Lord blessing our family when we are obedient and do his will. I was studying a bit in the book of James this week. It talks a lot about faith and works. I know that this is true. Our faith is nothing without good works.


I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. I was talking to one of the other Elders the other day and I told him how excited I will be when it comes time to go home, but at the same time how sad it will be to leave the mission.


I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!

Love,

Elder Sean Wood


No comments: