Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sean's E-Mail....April 27, 2009

*** First, Sean is fully informed on the Swine Flu problem in Mexico. His Mission President and Mission doctors have also been contacted by the Missionary Department of the Church. As of Tuesday, April 28th, no missionaries in Mexico had been diagnosed with the Swine Flu. Further, all missionaries in Mexico have been given specific instructions on how to protect themselves from exposure to the flu.

Sean's E-Mail:

Hey Everyone,


Well first off before I forget to tell you dad, I won't be able to do a video call. I will just be able to call you like normal. I will let you know the week before what time and stuff I will be calling. It will probably be in the evening that Sunday.


This week was a pretty interesting week. It was a normal week like any other week until Thursday night when the other elders came over to our house at like 10:30PM. They told us that the zone leaders wanted to talk to us. So we called them and they told us that we had transfers. They told me that I was going to be getting transferred out of my area and I would be going to another area in Cancun to wait for my "kid" to get here. Ya, I will be training again this next transfer. I am only here in Cancun for one more week and then I will be going to Merida to pick up my new companion and then we will be going to Tizimin. Tizimin is a little town that's between Cancun and Merida. I am excited to see another area of the mission. The even cooler thing is that its really close to the ruins of Chitzenitza. So I will probably be going to visit there one of these Mondays.


We had interviews this week and president told me that I will be training an American Elder. I am pretty excited about that. So ya, this week has been pretty interesting and different but really good. We will be having a baptism this week in the area that I am in right now.


I just want you all to know that I know that the church is true! There is no doubt in my mind about that. I know that if we pray and read EVERY DAY, we will have the spirit with us to guide us to help us make good decisions. Read the Book of Mormon. If we are not reading it everyday we are not growing spiritually. If we are not growing spiritually we are falling spiritually. There is no way we can grow spiritually if we are not studying the Book of Mormon. I love that book. It really has changed my life and how I look at the world.


I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! I probably won't write again till next Tuesday because I will be in Merida on Monday. So don't freak out if I don't write on Monday.


Love,

Elder Sean Wood


No comments: