Monday, January 5, 2009

Sean's E-Mail...Jan. 5, 2009

Hey Everyone,


Wow I can't believe that it is 2009 already. The time is going by really fast.


We had zone conference today and it was really really good. I love listening to President Cardenas talk. He talks with such clarity and is very direct. I got the Christmas package with all the stuff in it. I was so happy to get the pictures of Brent and Cory's families. The Kids are getting so big. It is amazing how fast that they grow when you are not there seeing it happen. Alleah looks so different from when I left. It is weird to think that they will be talking before I get home, and they will have no clue who I am....ha ha. Thanks so much for everything that you all sent to us and for the presents for Elder Martinez, he says to say that he really likes them and is really grateful for them.


This week was a little different because not many people were here in their houses because it was New Years and a lot of people are on vacation. The people here start partying around 11 and just drink all night until about 6 or 7 in the morning and then sleep all day the next day. So Thursday for us was really dead. It was interesting. But no we didn't really do anything for new years, we just went home and went to bed at 10:30 as usual.


I don't really have much to report this week because it was a pretty slow week. But I have been thinking about certain things this week. I have been studying about FAITH this week and how it is that faith is the first thing that we must have to obtain a testimony of something. Well, first we have to obtain a knowledge of some principle or doctrine and then comes the test of our faith. Then after the test of our faith we receive a testimony. Then to really have the "knowledge", we live what we have learned. I have learned that there is a difference in between having a knowledge of something and really living what you know to be true. That is the whole foundation of our Church and all that we do in this life, the relationship that we have with our Heavenly Father. He knows us better than we know ourselves. Like it says in Ether, we bring our weakness to the Lord he will make them strong. I have a lot of things that I need to do better this year, the only full year of my mission. It also says in Preach My Gospel that we must have goals, if we don't have goals we are not working for anything and we are just trying, no doing. I have learned with enough faith we can do anything we can complete any goal that we have. I am still learning how to have more faith and rely on the Savior more to help me. It says also in the Book of Mormon that for the exceeding faith that the brother of Jared had, he was able so see Jesus Christ. Just like him, we can have many miracles in our lives if we just have the faith that they will come to pass.


I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true and living church on the face of the Earth. I know that the Plan of Salvation is perfect, and thanks to Jesus Christ we can overcome the spiritual and physical deaths that impede us from returning to live with God again. IF we put our all of our Faith in him and do works of righteousness here in this life.


I love you all very much and I hope in this new year you all set goals for your lives and put your faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and he will bless you until you complete that Goal. There is no limit to what we can accomplish, so put all that you have in the hands of the Lord and watch the blessings come into your lives. I hope that this year is as good for all of you as I know it is going to be for me.


I love everyone of you with all my heart!


HAPPY NEW YEAR...!!!


Love,

Elder Wood

No comments: