Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sean's Chrismas E-mail

Hey Family and Everyone,


Well we had transfers yesterday, and you will never guess where I am now. Well its not that hard, I am still in Cancun, I didn't get transferred....ha ha. I am excited that I didn't get transferred though because we are going to have a really good change. We have a lot of people that we are working with to get baptized this month.

I had a pretty interesting experience yesterday in Church. We got there about 5 min before Church started and this American lady came up to me and introduced herself to me and told me that sje and her family were here on vacation. She then told me that they invited the person that drove them from their hotel to the Church to come in with them. They introduced me to this guy, and come to find out, he lives in our area and has a family. Half way through the Sacrament meeting the American lady asked me if I had a pen and paper that she could use. She took my planner and my pen and wrote down her name and address because she wants to know what happens with this guy. She writes her name down and I read it " Sister Nancy P. Marriott". She and her husband are the owners of the Marriott Hotels.

I then told her that we had a problem because the worker that she brought with her works on Sundays and would not be able to come to Church. She told me not to worry about it because she had already taken care of changing his schedule. I am really grateful with the Lord for putting people in our path who are ready to hear the Gospel. The guy (Jonathan) really liked the service and said that he is really interested in the Church. We will see what happens but we are going to work really hard with him this week to get them to come to Church again.

The Lord really works in mysterious ways! Well it was really good to talk to you all this week and hear all of your voices. I am glad that everyone is doing good and everything is good there. I am not to jealous that we dont have 10 inches of snow here. I hope you all have a fun and safe New Years Day!

I love you all very much and I pray for you everyday.

Love,

Sean

These are a bunch of pictures from Christmas at the Bevan house, a family in our ward that had all the missionaries over for dinner. And there are some of us at some of the members houses on the 24th. Then there are some of the transfers that we had today.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Very cool Sean about the Marriotts. Grandpa and Grandma Packard are very good friends with them. They were all in the same ward in DC when granpa was a congressman back there. Funny how people's lives cross paths... Glad you had a great Christmas. You look happy.