Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sean's E-Mail....Mar. 9, 2009



Hey Everyone,

Well, as I always say, another week come and gone. Yes I am still here in Cancun. We will be having transfers in two weeks. I don't think that I will be getting transferred out of my area but I do think that my companion will probably get transferred to another area.

This week was really good, we had Zone Conference and it was all focused on having unity with our companions. I really learned a lot this week about how having unity can help us work better and with more of the spirit. We had a really good week. We had a baptism on Saturday of an 11 year old girl. All of her family are members but her dad could not baptize her. We planned a really good lesson for her and I know that she felt the spirit and knew what she needed to do. She made the decision and we baptized her this week.

I am so blessed to be in this area. Our district is the best district in the whole mission, numbers-wise. I know that the numbers really don't mean anything, but it's pretty cool to be a part of that. We are really working hard and the Lord is blessing us a lot. I have a strong testimony that when we are obedient to the commandments of the Lord we are blessed. I can not express the joy that I feel knowing, without a doubt, that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. Everything that we need to know to return to live with God and Jesus Christ is written in the scriptures and it is being revealed to living prophets today. I know without a doubt that Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet today, that he receives revelation directly from God and he teaches us what we need to do to return to live with God again.

Live the Gospel of Christ and I promise you that you will be blessed with more than you can imagine in this life and the life to come. I'm not talking about being blessed with things of this world. I am talking about being blessed with such a joy in your soul that you can't explain it. The true happiness in this life is found when we learn to put into practice the Gospel in our lives. If you have not found this true happiness in your life, or you feel like there is something more to this life, I challenge you to pray with all of your might to God to receive the Gospel in your lives. Read the Book of Mormon, it really is another testament of Jesus Christ and really does have the gospel of Christ in the Fullness. I know that if you read in this book, and really pray to know that it is true, you WILL receive an answer to your desires. I say desires because anyone can pray, but when you pray with a true desire to know, that is when you will receive your answer.

I love you all and pray for you everyday. Be safe and find the happiness in this life that you never have imagined before.

Love,
Sean

No comments: