Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sean's E-mail & Pics....Mar. 17, 2009





Hey Everyone,


Wow I can't believe that I have been out for 10 months already. The time really seems to be flying by. I really enjoyed all of the letters this last week that you all sent.


This week was a pretty good week. We had a baptism on Saturday morning. His name is Alberto and he is 23. His wife is a member and he wasn't. We found him in the list of old investigators. We went and visited him one day and he told us that he really wants to get baptized. We worked with him for a few days and he got baptized. I had the opportunity to baptize him. It was really cool.


Dad, to answer your question, I have not heard anything or seen anything or even felt like I have been in danger at all here. I think that a lot of the drug stuff happens at night and we are in the house by 9 so its not a big deal. Dont worry, nothing is going to happen to me. I am on the Lords errand and He will not let anything happen to me as long as I am obedient and faithful.


Other than the baptism that we had this week, nothing much new is going on. We had Stake Conference this Sunday and we got to listen to Elder Eyring talk. I realized that one of the big problems with the members here is tithing. The whole conference was based around paying tithing. It was a really good conference.


We have transfers this coming Monday. I think that I will be getting a new companion but I am really not sure. Me and my companion have been together for 4 and a half months so I think that one of us will be getting moved this change. I hope that I don't leave my area. My area is really good and the Ward is really cooperative with the missionaries. They do a lot for us. We NEVER go hungry!


I know really without a doubt that the Church is true and that we are guided by a true and living prophet today. I know that he receives revelation directly from God. It is weird to see how everything just makes sense when we study and put into practice the things that we study.


Study the scriptures and you really will be given the bigger portion of the word of God. I love you all and hope that you have a GREAT week. Thanks again for all the support. I am sending a picture of the last baptism that we had.


Love,

Sean

No comments: