Monday, February 2, 2009

Sean's e-mail Feb. 2, 2009

Hey Everyone,


Well as I always say, another week gone by. The weeks really seem to just fly by.


This week was a pretty good week. We had a baptism of a 9 year old girl in our Ward who's mom is inactive but her daughter goes to church every week. We were eating at her grandma's house this Sunday and she asked us when we were going to plan her baptism. We told her, why not this Friday. She said, yeah that's fine, so we taught her a couple times in the week and baptized her on Friday. My companion baptized her and I confirmed her in Church yesterday. We also have a lot of other good references from this lady in our Ward so we are going to be working hard to get them as investigators before this week is over.


We have transfers next Monday and I want to leave the area with investigators. We are going to be working really hard this week to have at least 15 people that we are teaching, so that when the new Elder or Elders come, they can complete the goal that we set for this month.


This week I started reading Doctrine & Covenants and it is amazing. My testimony has really grown about how significant we really are in the work of the Lord. We have a really big responsibility to share the gospel with those who are not members. I and my companion have been talking a lot this week about ¨deep doctrine¨. I know I should be focused more on the lessons and the basics but it is fun to talk about those kind of things. My testimony has grown about Joseph Smith in reading Doctrine and Covenents. I know that he really was a Prophet of God and that he was prepared from the beginning of time to be the Prophet to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that this Church is the same church that Christ organized when he was here on the Earth....I know without a doubt in my mind.


I hope that everything is going good for all of you and that you are all safe. I love you all and I know that the Lord is protecting you and blessing you. Have a great week. I will probably be getting transferred this next Monday so if I don't write Monday, I will write Tuesday. I love you all and pray for you everyday. I will send a picture of the baptism we had this week with my next letter.


Love,
Sean

No comments: