Monday, February 16, 2009

Sean's E-Mail....Feb. 16, 2009

Hey Everyone,


Wow, a lot of questions about my new area. My new area is really good, I like it a lot better than my last area. There are a lot more families and houses in this area. We didn't really open a new area, it had Sister missionaries here before but they took them out and put 4 Elders in the area. We are living with 2 other Elders in our house, which is pretty fun and at the same time it is kinda distracting, especially because there are 3 Hispanics and me. So a lot of the time it's them and me solo, but it's all good.


The areas are not that big here because there are a lot of missionaries here in Cancun and a lot of work to do. Cancun is growing fast. They are going to be opening a 4th Stake in Cancun by the end of this year. My new area is not by the beach at all, it's like 10 miles in from the beach. The people in the Ward are really nice. The Ward is really big and all the callings in the Ward are filled. It is really nice to have a Ward that is really excited about missionary work and supports us when we need it. We have a lot of work to do here. The whole area is houses, there are thousands of houses and families.


We found a few new people this week and had 3 new investigators at Church. Two of them are a family that are really interested in the Church and learning more, they participated a lot in the classes. I am really excited for them. Other than that we have just been getting to know the area and the members.


We are working hard, I have to admit that I had a few down moments this week and got really frustrated with my companion one day. But with the Lord's help, and a lot of patience, I was able to get through it all fine.


I used some of the money that you gave me for Christmas to buy the game Monopoly. We play almost every night, after we plan for the next day. There are some perks to having 4 missionaries in 1 house.


Sorry to hear that Cory and family are not feeling good, I will make sure to pray for you this week. Thanks for all the letters that you sent this week and I will try and get some more pictures sent off this next week. Hope that this week is a good one for everyone and everyone is happy.


The Church is true and Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God. Have a great day! Sorry if I didn't answer all of your questions.


Love,

Sean


No comments: