Monday, February 9, 2009

Sean's E-mail...Feb. 9, 2009

Hey Everyone,


I got transferred for the first time today. It will take me a whole 15 minutes to get to my new house, haha. I got transferred into another area here in Cancun, into a different Stake. My companion also got transferred. He got transferred with me to our new area, yeah, we are still companions, weird huh?


It's all good though because we will be opening up an area and we will have a lot of work to do there. We will probably only be together for one more transfer before he or I get transferred. This week went by really fast, this whole change went by really fast. I like how they do 6 week transfers, the months just seem to fly by, before you know it 2 transfers have come and gone and 3 months have gone by. It is weird to think that I have almost been out for a year. It doesn't feel like it. I am really excited to get into our new area and start working hard.


This week we had another baptism, we baptized the older sister of the girl we baptized last weekend. I had the opportunity to baptize her. It was a really cool experience for me, my first baptism. It was really good to see her and her sister at Church this Sunday, participating and having fun. They looked really happy. That is basically what we were doing this week, preparing her for her baptism and teaching some other investigators. We are leaving quite a bit of work for the other Elders that come into the area.


I am sending some pictures with this e-mail. Some are pictures of my area right now and some are of the baptism that we had this week.


I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church that has the authority of Christ, the Priesthood. It is the same authority that he gave to his apostles when he organized his church here on the earth during His mortal ministry.


I love you all very much and thanks for all of your prayers. I also pray for you all everyday. Be happy in everything that you do!


Love,

Elder Wood

No comments: