Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekly letter

Hey Everyone,

Well another week gone by here in Cancun, Mexico. I sometimes think about how crazy it is to be in Cancun spreading the Gospel. It is crazy also to think that I have been out for 7 months, time really does fly by. I am still in my first area here in Cancun central. We will be having changes (transfers) in two weeks. I dont think that I will be getting changed this change but who knows. I was thinking about how I don't really want to get changed, I really have come to love the members here in the Ward and I have grown to love this area. It is really big compared to a lot of the other areas in the mission but I look at that now as a blessing. We have so many people that we can teach. I am grateful to God that he has put his trust in me to be here in this area with his children that so badly need the gospel.

I dont have much time to write but I just wanted to say a couple of things about what happend this week and what I was studying this week. We had a multi-zone conference this week where one of the 70s came and spoke to us. It was really cool, he is a way funny guy. I dont remember his name right now, sorry. I really learned a lot about the work and the responsibility we have as missionaries. I also learned a lot about the power of prayer, but prayer only has power to work if we really have faith that what we are praying for will happen. We also had interviews with the Mission President today, he had his family with him and all of his sons that served missions and his daughters that served missions too, they all talked to us a little bit about having success in the work that we are doing. It was a really good meeting.

This week I was studying in Alma Chapters 48-60ish. These are known as the "war chapters" of the Book of Mormon. They really tell us a lot about how we can protect ourselves from temptations. How we always need to be building up a protection...for when Satan comes at us with his numberless concourses of angels, we will be prepared in a way that will astonish them all. These chapters tell us a lot about how to overcome the forces of evil and build up a strength in our own lives. I dont have time to write anymore, I wish I had another little bit of time to write about what I learned but I will invite you all to read these chapters and really look for how we can apply them to our own lives.

I love you all so much and I can't wait to talk to you in a couple of weeks. Speaking of that, I dont know where we are going to be calling from yet, or where we will be, but I will find out for sure this week and I will let you know this coming Monday where you can call. I will have the number and everything. I love you all and I pray for you all every day, I will be praying for MOM a little bit more this week. Dont you go dyin on me! HAHA. I love you all and I really will be praying for your health mom, I am a little concerned about all that I read but I know that the Lord is always with us and will bless us.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

Love,
Sean

No comments: