Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sean's E-Mail Dec. 1, 2008

Hey Everyone,

Well just to start out I hope that everyone had a really good Thanksgiving week. It sounds like you all did a lot of fun stuff. Thanks for all the letters and all the love. This week was a little crazy because Elder Mazza went home. I was with the Zone Leaders for pretty much all Thursday , Thursday night and Friday until about 2 or 3. When my new companion Elder Martinez came in. It is really nice to have a companion who is not going home. He has only been out 4 months in the mission and really wants to work hard. It is really good to have a companion that wants to work as hard as I do.

So I have been sick since Thursday with a cold, yesterday was really bad. After we went and ate we came back to the house because I could hardly move, my body just hurt. But I am feeling better today, I just need to drink more water I think. Elder Martinez unpacked all his stuff while I rested for a little bit. We then had our weekly planning session which was really good. We are really excited about this week. We have a lot of work to do to make up for the last couple of weeks of not working very hard. He is a really cool missionary, he was in Merida before here and in a little ward of old people he said. He says that Cancun is really different. I dont really know how different it is because I have only been here.

This coming Sunday we are hoping to have 14 new people out to Church for the first time and 16 investigators in total. We are really excited because this coming Sunday is fast Sunday and that is always a really special meeting for everyone. We had a missionary program in the Stake Center with all the missionaries in our stake. It was an open house where people could come and see what goes on in the Church and all the organizations had a little presentation of what they do. We had like 38 investigators or non members there so it was a big success. Sadly we only got 1 referal for our area and that was from a member that was there, haha, but thats ok.

We are working hard and doing our best. Thanks everyone for all of your prayers and love. I can definitely feel the love. I love you all very much and I am glad that you are all doing good. Take care and be safe in all that you do.

Love,

Sean

No comments: