Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekly letter

Hey Everyone,

Well as I always say, another week gone by.

This week was a really different week, just because Elder Cabrera went home and I am getting a new companion. My new companion's name is Elder Masa. He only has one transfer left in his mission so this will be his last area. I guess they like to send the Elders that are going home here to this area, probably because it's one of the areas with the most baptisms. I really am grateful for everything that I learned from Elder Cabrera. He was a really good missionary. He really knew what the work was about and that it was not just for baptisms, but to really help people come to Christ and endure to the end. A lot of missionaries just baptize and forget about the converts and the converts go inactive within 3 months. I have a goal to not let any go inactive. The Lord really has blessed me with a good first companion.

This week was different because Elder Cabrera was getting ready to go home pretty much all week. We are pretty much all settled into our new house and it is pretty nice. Once again I don't have my camera with me because I am with the Zone leaders for the day until I get my companion. I stayed the night at their house last night and then have been with them all day today. We have not been doing much of anything today, just Preparation Day stuff. They are pretty cool guys. They are both Americans so we have been speaking a lot of English which has been a pretty good break. This following week I will for sure send some pictures, when everything settles down.

I'm glad to hear that everything is going good for you guys and that everyone is doing good. I love you all and thank you so much for all your support. Be safe and always rely on the Lord and you will never fail. Put your trust in the Lord and he will put his trust in you. Remember to always look for opportunities to serve others and share the Gospel. I love you all and pray for you every day. Oh ya the weather here is perfect. If anyone is thinking about visiting here, now is the time.

Until next week!
Love, Sean

1 comment:

Vicki said...

We love you Sean! Glad you are doing so well. It's hard to believe that you have passed your 6 month mark....wow!